I found this chart online. Check it out, seams to explain Ticketmaster/Livenation price breakdown quite well:

Ticketmaster Price Breakdown

In this example, of the $20.50 in total service charges,  $8.25 (40%) goes to Ticketmaster and the remaining $12.25 (60%) goes to the venue. The distribution of face value ticket proceeds amongst the artist, label, Ticketmaster and venue would be even more interesting.

Major artists are often able to negotiate cuts of the service fees and/or tickets for their own use or sale. The Nine Inch Nail’s Trent Reznor has eloquently discussed this and the secondary ticket market.